Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy February!

So my blog has entered the land of sucksville as I haven't updated it for a week.

My ski weekend was fun. I did take a lesson which will hopefully help me improve. I was totally exhausted at the end of each day because I did a full day of hard skiing (mainly moguls) . Drank lots of beer and wine and vodka. Good times.

The rest of my week has been a bit of a blur. I went in for a colonoscopy on Wednesday. Monday was spent dreading it. Tuesday was spent preparing for it (which involves fasting and taking stuff to flush out the intestines - nice!!). The actual procedure itself was straight forward and as I was under general anaesthetic I don't remember a thing. It's the first time I have had any type of operation and the first time I have been under general anesthetic. It was all very uneventful. The nurse warned me that I would be sleeping all afternoon, have amnesia, feel groggy, etc. but I felt fine and just laid on the couch watching TV all afternoon. The only negative effect was feeling a bit weak from the absence of food and a bit depressed from the absence of alcohol (2 whole days). The results were negative so it was worth the hassle. And I lost 2lbs!!

As a result of the above I have done little running this week. I managed a quick 5k on Monday and hope to get out this afternoon for another. I think I have my strength back. It snowed yet again today and more is expected tonight. It's pretty soft snow this time and is melting quickly so the trail should be OK.

And tonight I am going to have a drink or several!!

No comments: