Thursday, February 15, 2007

California here I come.....

Well tomorrow morning we are heading out to Newport Beach for a long weekend. It is DH niece's 21st birthday. I am particularly looking forward to the warmer weather. The forecast is mid 70s but with the possibility of some rain. I plan to get in a long run around the bay and enjoy the sea level air. There is also a track near their house so I may try some speed work.

Typically, SIL has an itinerary which much to my horror includes a trip to Disneyworld. I told DH that I absolutely do NOT want to go. But of course he hasn't bothered to mention this to his sister so I will have to deal with that when i get there. Disneyworld is my idea of a living hell screaming kids, junk food, tacky gimmicks, people wearing stupid costumes, screaming kids, rides (I don't do rides as I am happy to admit they absolutely terrify me), crowds of people, lines for everything, oh, and did I mention the screaming kids. I'm not really sure why Disneyworld is even on the itinerary - of the 9 people in the family party, there is one child of 12 who has probably been a million times.

The rest of the weekend should be fun. I get on pretty well with his family. the party is likely to be a blast because all of Laura's college friends will be there. Plus Garret, the rather cute 25 yr old nephew, will take us to the fun party places.

3 comments:

brownie said...

You should bring the 21 year old niece into the Springs for a Kimchi hash!

Catwoman said...

She would love that. And you would love her; she is very cute. Not sure her uncle would approve though!!

GrannyLingus said...

Let me know how to get you your happy Coat. Did you still want the patch as well? Enjoy your trip