Tuesday, February 6, 2007

You spin right round baby right round...

Well despite the beautiful weather here today, I decided not to run at lunchtime as I will be running tonight at Jack Quinn's, and when I've done a double before I suffer the next day. So instead I decided to do a spin class at the gym. It was not my first spin class. I did one once before when I had sprained my ankle (hashing) and couldn't run. Needless to say, the spinning wasn't too easy with a sprained ankle either so it wasn't the best experience. Anyway the class today rocked. I can't remember the last time I have sweated so much and my heart rate was way up there. At one point my legs felt like jelly but I just kept pushing myself harder. I will definitely be doing that again. Probably on Tuesdays when I don't have City Council meetings and maybe on Sunday mornings as there is a 90 min class at my local gym.

I also saw Broken Rubber working his ass on the elliptical.

8 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Which gym are you a member of? I love spinning classes

dayoldfish said...

wow you can really get a workout from a sit-n-spin? Guess I need to hit the gym more.

brownie said...

LAME! Can't believe you wasted today on the gym!

Catwoman said...

I'm with World Gym and I use downtown at lunch and Centennial in the evenings/weekends.

Yes it is an incredible workout.

Outdoorgirl said...

Bummer I belong to stuipd fagish 24 hour. Hey do you think they are open 24 hours? LMAO!

Lulu said...

See........ spin classes do rock and they will make you a stronger runner. I'm glad you made it out and ennjoyed yourself!

Catwoman said...

Dani, resign and join WG.

Lulu, I was actually hoping it would make me a stronger cyclist, but if it helps my running too that's a bonus!

Outdoorgirl said...

Stuck on contract for another 1/1/2 years. It is alreay pre paid