Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Jack Quinns

It was good to get down to Jack Quinn's last night after a couple of weeks absence. Great to see the hashers. I ran pretty hard with DH and I timed myself for the first time on this run. Quite pleased with my 26:02. Only got passed by 3 girls (much younger then me!!). Unfortunately my GPS didn't pick up a signal in time so I didn't clock the distance. I think it was a little less then a full 5k. I'm a bit peeved with my GPS as it takes for ever to get a signal. Maybe that's the disadvantage of buying the cheapest model (Garmin 101). Does anyone who has a better model have the same problem?

6 comments:

brownie said...

They get lousy reception downtown for some reason. Best bet it to turn it on long before you start running.

Catwoman said...

I thought the reception may be bad because of the tall building. I tried switching it on early but as I am inside it doesn't pick up either. I guess I could go up onto the roof of our building!!

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

No, I've had the same problem with my 205. It doesn't like downtown Bethesda. I had to walk a 1/2 mile today before the signal caught.

Tiffany said...

It takes a little while to get it to find a signal. I usually put mine on the porch or keep it in my car til I need it. It really takes awhile to catch up when I travel hundreds or thousands of miles....

WOOHOOOO Geek O Meter People, Unite!!!

Tiffany said...

Do you think it would work on another planet? I am still drunk.

Nick said...

"I think it was a little less then a full 5k."