Wednesday, February 14, 2007

So, it's Valentines Day.....

The things that have annoyed me thus far:

1. If one more person wishes me "Happy Valentines Day" I will scream. I am not YOUR Valentine. The only person who is entitled to say Happy Valentines Day to me is DH (which he did in the nicest possible way!). Agh!

2. It is not a holiday so don't ask me "so how's your Valentines Day going". Aghhh!!!!

3. Yet again Americans find an excuse to eat, eat, eat. Our office has cake, donuts, bagels, chocolates - all heart-shaped of course. Aghhhhhh!!

4. My friend ( a particularly flaky example of a female), after she had wished me Happy Valentines Day (agh!), asked me what we are doing tonight. I replied dusting off the vinyl bustier, crotchless panties, cat-o-nine-tails and handcuffs (I couldn't find a policewomans outfit) and taking DH to heaven and back! After she had finished blushing, she said that she and her BF were going to see a movie. I recommended Notes on a Scandal, but she said she wanted somthing more romantic, not a film about lesbians. So she said she was going to see the new Hugh Grant film (yuuuukkkkk!!) where he plays a rock star. Now she and her BF are very good musicians/singers and she said she was hoping the film would inspire them to write new songs. My reply: "If Hugh Grant is your inspiration for writing new songs, I'd hang up your guitar for good, right now"!

5. Same friend gives me a pair of size 6 jeans that don't fit her anymore to see if I want them. Kind gesture and I am very pleased that they fit very comfortably as I am a size 8. However, said friend is 5'3". I am 5'7". So needless to say they were too short, plus they were high-waisted "granny pants".

6. Same friend has JUST come in to tell me she went to Victoria's Secret and bought some "sexy" lingerie with hearts on it. I had heard about VS "sexy lingerie" reputation before I moved here and just had to laugh when I saw what they had to offer. It's nearly all plain molded cup stuff, of the same boring design and with hardly any lace (or other sexy materials) in sight. Stuff you can get in the mall in the UK you have to go "adult" shops for here.

Sheesh, I'm grouchy today.

I am going for a long run which will hopefully improve my mood.

I AM looking forward to tonight though!!!!

6 comments:

brownie said...

Drink for whining!

Outdoorgirl said...

LMAO! Your office must be filled with chicks! hahahaaa

Impala Mama said...

Has anyone else noticed how angry people are today? There also seems to be a lot of extreme hatred for women lately. Seems to me I am only perceived as likable when I am toting my gun or under a car. What's up with that? I hope that people stop annoying you at work....I am SO thankful I am not in a "looks like someone's got a case of the Modays" office. Good luck to you, and enjoy the fuck tonight.

Impala Mama said...

By the way, Happy Valentine's Day!!!

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

Britain does have the best lingerie...I have ordered many special frocks from "across the pond"

Figures! We are a country founded by prudes

Catwoman said...

Late nite - check out Ann Summers if you get the chance.