Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Running in circles?

Just ran 5 miles in 46:27, which is 9:17 min miles. I felt like I ran really hard but I am disappointed that I can't seem to consistently break the 9 min mark. Last May I did the Garden of the Gods 5 mile run in 44:58 and won the athena class. That was a tough run as there were a few big hills but I guess they were compensated for by the long downhills which I hit hard. But with all the running I have been doing I should be getting better, not worse!! That's what turning 40 does for you!!

5 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

I wish I was running a 9 min mile :) hhahaha Would you be interested in doing some trails off CPT Jacks with me?

Catwoman said...

Would be up for that. Let's talk about it Friday.

brownie said...

You doing Black Forest?

Catwoman said...

I think I'm going to bail. I've got all sorts of niggly little injurys and that race will make it worse. The last race in the snow really wiped me out. Will decide in the morning (if its not snowing). If I go I will only do the 10k.

brownie said...

Wus. Social Retard, an Austin hasher used to neither snow or altitude, is gonna make it, that leaves you with no excuse.