Thursday, February 8, 2007

Garmin has arrived

Yipee!! I just checked my Amazon account and my Garmin Forerunner has arrived. So now have no excuse not to improve my running time and I am all set for my 10 mile race on Saturday.

I forgot to mention that I played 2 hours of baskeball last night. It is the first time I have played in a long time and I was very rusty. It's just a recreational thing with a few guys from work. I made 3 outside shots and 1 lay-up (I fluffed 2 lay-ups but they resulted in points as one of my team mates followed me up the court and tipped it in). Not spectacular scoring but this needs to be put in the context of (a) I'm the shortest player so could only really shoot from way outside which is not my strongest point (fast breaks and lay-ups were my strong point in the day but clearly I need to work on that!) (b) I was only one of 2 girls, the other girl being a 6' former college player so, yes, I felt a bit intimidated and (c) I'm British - we don't DO basketball!!

It's a great work out though and lots of fun and should be good for improving my speed.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

Hurray! You have a Geek O' Meter now!! You will LOVE it... way to go on the bball court too!

Thankfully, I did not spend my ski trip with a broken appendage in the hospital... I just never turned my laptop on the entire trip :)

brownie said...

Garmins are for dorks!