Monday, February 5, 2007

Weekend activities

I had a kick-ass double work out at the gym on Saturday. A few of us did the double session and I was the only one still full of energy at the end of the second. Put the younger chicks to shame!

Yesterday I decided that I must do a long run if I had any chance of completing my 10 mile race next Saturday. So DH & I headed out on the Santa Fe trail from Woodmen Road towards the airforce academy. After checking the map we figured that the air force academy north entrance was a little over 4 miles, so an out and back would be 8 + miles. The weather was good, sunny, about 40f and no wind. The trail looked in good shape so I decided not to wear my yaktrax. That was a big mistake. A few yards into the trail revealed that it was still very snow and ice packed with some areas of deep snow and some lethal icy areas. Anyway, I persevered, leaving DH behind along the way. I made it to the north entrance, turned around and eventually caught up with DH who had turned around early. We ran together for a while but then I went passed him and finished a couple of minutes ahead. My total time was approx 1hr 12mins which is pretty good going given the conditions and the fact that was the furthest I have run ever!

Finished the weekend by going to a superbowl party at my friend Mike's house. Much fun, booze and food had by all.

2 comments:

brownie said...

Running on Sunday was great! Finally, some decent weather.

Outdoorgirl said...

No I feel like a sloth. I didn't run at all this weekend. UGH! We should go run sometime.