Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snowshoeing

We went snowshoeing yesterday and had a wonderful time. It was only 10f but it was sunny and no wind, so perfect conditons. I was recommended a 6 mile loop called Lovell Gulch up by Woodland Park and it exceeded expectations. A beautiful trail throught the trees coming out onto a ridge which had fantastic views of the back side of Pikes Peak. It was hard work but fun - 6 miles is tough going in snow shoe!!
A couple of photos below. I was wearing a lot of clothes to stay warm, hence the vague resemblance to a yeti!






2 comments:

Gagger said...

LOVE that shot of the mountains. Our snow flurries only left about 1 inch at most on my driveway. :(

Catwoman said...

It was spectacularly beautiful. Although I have to say I am getting a bit tired of the snow. It's OK in the mountains but I wish it would stay off my running trails!!