Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Good intentions....

So I started the week with the intention of abstaining from alcohol until Thursday night. My reasons for this have nothing to do with a desire to remain sober, but everything to do with calorie intake. Anyway, an old friend of DH's is in town for a conference this week and came over for dinner last night, during which I managed to polish off a bottle of wine by myself. Great start to the week!! And then there is Jack Quinns tonight. I thought I would just do the run and shoot off early tonight but as DH and his pal are now planning to do the run as well, they are sure to want a few beers afterwards. Ah well, so much for good intentions. I will just have to run extra hard on the two runs I have planned for today.
My time for the Cross Country Caper was 33:29. I'm happy with that given the yukky conditions.

7 comments:

Kirk said...

Catwoman,
Will you be my designated drinker?

Catwoman said...

For you Nascock, anything!

Tiffany said...

Why do we all say we are abstaining? I am sick of giving up. Hence the wine in my hand right now and cigar in my mouth.

Woooohoooooooo

Kirk said...

hmmm. "anything," huh?

ANYWAY...So, How "I" do last night?

Catwoman said...

Well, "you" didn't do too well out of the deal. I didn't drink beer, just diet coke!!

Gaslight ;-) said...

After noticing the roll of skin under my jogbra, on year I did a "backfat beer fast".

I made it 6 days.

I helped hasher move, they had a keg, I got bored, yadda - ya.

Anyhoo - I invented "justified cheating", whereby after every 1/2 hour of exercise in EXCESS of 1.5 hours, I could have 1 beer.

It didn't HAVE to be running - yoga, weights, biking - usually finished off by a run and, beer.

Mmmm, beer.

Catwoman said...

I managed to give up booze once for about 10 days. I was having really bad headaches so started drinking again! Some people ask me "why do you work out so much?" My answer: "so I can drink so much!!"