Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A good day training yesterday. I ran 5k at lunchtime at a steady pace. I then ran another 5k in the evening at Jack Quinns at a pretty fast pace. I ran with 'I like Your Boobs' who is a much faster runner then I am usually but he is recovering from a knee operation. We were both motivation for each other and agreed we would have run much slower if we had run alone.

It was great to see everyone again after my months break from JQs and concurrent banishment from the Hash.

I need to start increasing my distance again and doing some speed work. I read Tiffany's blog about doing 400m splits and thought I might try that. I have a friend who does this with a group of runners down at the CC track on Thursdays at noon, so I may join them tomorrow. When I was at school I could run 100 yards in 14 seconds, which would equate to a 61 second 400m split. However that was nearly 30 years ago!! Today I will take a break from running and do a muscles class at the gym.

DH went to the hosptial last night to get his injury checked out. Apart from the insane bruising nothing serious, other then a bit of amenia (all his blood is in the bruise!!).

3 comments:

brownie said...

I heard they might cancel the first race of the winter series.

Catwoman said...

Are you serious? I was planning to go irrespective of the weather, provided I could actually get there. Will they announce it on their web page? If you find out tonight please let me know.

Catwoman said...

Just checked the web site and they say they will notify Friday pm.