Monday, January 8, 2007

Goals for 2007

  1. Run a road 10k in under 50 mins (PR 52:16 Classic 10K).

  2. Run a road 5k in under 25 mins (PR 25:48 St Pats Day 5k).

  3. Run my first half marathon.

  4. Run my first full marathon.

  5. Lose 20lbs (to include the 5lbs I put on in the last 2 weeks!!).

I will provide updates on my training every Friday, or thereabouts. I plan to do the first of the Winter series this weekend which is a 10k. I can't sign up for the whole series as I won't be able to make the next run as we are skiing (Snowfest).

Can anyone recommend a device for tracking how far and how fast I am running. In particular I want something that tells me my pace while I am running. I think Garmin do something like that and I've also heard of something like Oni?

9 comments:

brownie said...

The best tool to track the pace you run would be a calendar!

Monument Creek trails are clear, FYI. No yuptrax needed.

Catwoman said...

Well ha bloody ha!

I'm aiming for 8 minute miles. Not superfast but not snailpace either.

Yuptrax - hahaha!

brownie said...

Which marathon are you gonna pick? Pikes Peak?

Catwoman said...

Yeah, right! I've yet to hike Pikes Peak let alone run it!! Probably the Marine Corps marathon in DC. Looks like we're moving out there June/July. I'm thinking of the half in Salida.

brownie said...

Where you moving to? DC? They have Yuengling there!

Catwoman said...

Yep. DC in the summer. Will miss the outdoor life & friends in the Springs but DC will revive my inner yuppiness.

Tiffany said...

I loooove my Garmin Forerunner. I have the 301 model... it rocks! I got it on Amazon for a great deal (new) and it includes the HR monitor as well.

Lucky gal- moving to DC! I will be there next week for work.

Happy trails! :)

Kirk said...

Just be careful which 20 lbs you lose....(I think the jacket and sweater are enough...)

Oh, BTW, i watched Gordon Ramsey's "The F-word" on BBC. I love Gordon, he rocks.

"Now move your ass!!!!"

Catwoman said...

Tiff- I thought the 301 looked pretty good. I'll check out Amazon. thanks for the tip.

Nascock - I think that should be "now move your f*ck!ng arse"!!