Friday, January 12, 2007

Race Cancelled

Well my race tomorrow is cancelled. Apparently the race organisers and search & rescue couldn't even get to the pavilion to set up the staging area because of the snow & ice. i can't tell how disappointed I am!!!

Instead I will do my usual hour of power 9-10am, followed by cardio express 10-10:30am. I also have the option of a muscles class 8-9am and yoga 10:30-11:30am. Yoga is not my strong point as i am not very flexible (a good reason to be doing it, I hear you say!!).

I had a great work out a lunch doing turbo kick. It's a new class that has just started. It's like kickboxing/aerobics on speed. The instructor was impressed at how quickly I picked things up and asked me if I have ever been a dancer. If you knew me you would find that hilarious. I am not the most graceful/flexible of creatures although I do have pretty good rhythm, balance and co-ordination. I told her it was years of aerobics, step aerobics and, more recently, kick boxing. It was super fun and was warmer then running!!

We're going to the movies tonight to see "Perfume" - the story of a murderer. It stars Alan Rickman whom I adore. It's showing at our small downtown theatre which shows more artsy films. It's the only place I like going because you can get drinks at the bar and take them in with you! I also prefer to support the small local businesses when I can.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sorry your race cancelled... I will send some sunny 78 degree weather your way... if you will trade me in the summer time! :)

brownie said...

Cross Country Caper is this Saturday!

Catwoman said...

I plan to be there.

CO_Rox said...

Ah, the relationship between Catwoman and brownie continues. What does DH think?

Gagger said...

Don't do it Catwoman. You'll turn into a psycho!

Catwoman said...

Don't worry, I have no intention of going there Gagger!! (although I am already a closet psycho!).

brownie said...

By the way, does "supporting local business" mean doing your daily starbucks run when Pikes Perk is right across the street?

Catwoman said...

Actually I did go to Pikes Perk but their coffee is too strong for me. So I go to La Baguette now. I used Starbucks for a while because someone gave me a gift card!

Gagger said...

I knew you sounded like a smart (cat)woman!