Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Just call me Athena, the Warrior Goddess

I just picked up my award for the first place Athena in the St Pats Day 5k. So I now have a glass shamrock-shaped plaque and a $20 certificate for Runners Roost. Eventually the award will end up in the box with all my old volleyball trophies but for the time being it is taking pride of place on my desk at work.

I not only won the Athena, but I won it quite convincingly by 1:30 over the woman who came first last year!! Whooooyaaahhh!

My next goal is to keep my Athena title for the Ggarden of the Gods 5 mile race in May, which I won last year. I didn't bother to pick up my award last year, which I kinda regret now!!

9 comments:

brownie said...

Drink for bragging!

Catwoman said...

Happily. I rarely get the opportunity to brag about winning something!!

brownie said...

Can we call you "Athena, Queen of the Wankers?"

Lick My Lincoln said...

Drink for racist behavior, too!

Kirk said...

Drink for lying...There no way your an Athena-class runner.

Great Ball of Fire might be Clydesdale, but your no Athena..

Drink (then you might get there!!!)

Catwoman said...

Oh, blah, blah, blah....!

Nascock, my husband has two balls.

Impala Mama said...

Congratulations!!!

Tiffany said...

Way to go, Goddess.... you are really kicking butt out there! You will be passing Brownie in no time :)

Lulu said...

I agree...you are so not an Athena.