Monday, April 2, 2007

A relaxing weekend

It was nice to have a weekend where there was no pressure to go anywhere or do anything I didn't want to. Friday night after work we were going to go to the movies but instead went out for happy hour with my work colleagues as it was one of the guys 40th birthday. We also crashed a retirement party for someone at work at the Thirsty Parrot.

On Saturday morning I went to the gym for my usual hour and a half gruelling cardio class. When I got home DH persuaded me to go out for a run around the bluffs. The sun was shining so I couldn't say no. In the afternoon I went shopping, one of my favorite pastimes, and picked up a couple of cool pieces from Express. Then to the Commissary for food and home to watch the final four. Later we went to The Famous for wine & snacks and good music. They didn't bill us for 2 glasses of wine and a salad, so it was a relatively cheap night!!

Sunday, a lazy morning then out for a 2 hour bike ride around Manitou Springs, downtown then back home. We then sat outside in the 70f sunshine and proceeded to drink our way through 3 bottles of wine, plus beer and v&t.

Bliss.

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

I love lazy fun no stressing weekends!!!! I was in California this weekend and I just layed out by the pool and slept....well that is till I actully came up with the motivation to run!!!