Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Ski Weekend

Well, much to my surprise I had a great weekend. The brother-in-law was bearable. Since his wife walked out on him in October he has been having therapy which has significantly improved his demeanor. No longer an old grouch!

It was freezing cold on Saturday but the snow conditions were excellent. Sunday and Monday were toasty warm. Skied Breck again Sunday and then over to Keystone on Monday. My knees are killing me today as I was hitting the moguls a lot. I like mogul runs as it gives me an excuse to go slow! But 3 days intense skiing (8:30am-4:00pm with half an hour for lunch) is a lot for me and my body is sore today.

On Saturday night I stayed out with my 24 yr old nephew-in-law(?) at The Gold Pan which is my favorite bar in Breck. There was a great band playing and I downed about 8 whiskey shots! That was after drinking several vodka & tonics and lots of red wine with dinner. My head hurt the next day.

A fun weekend and despite being sore today I plan to run at lunchtime (long & slow) and tonight at Jack Quinn's (short & fast). It's such a beautiful day today. Yey!

2 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

I was up at Keystone on Sunday. I found a few powder stashes! It was an awesome day!!

brownie said...

Only wussies get a ride to the top of mountains!