Monday, March 12, 2007

Saturday

After my gruelling skiing weekend last week, I was determined to have a relaxing weekend so I started off with 1 1/2 hours of an intense cardio class at the gym followed by an hour of yoga (which for me is more exhausting then the cardio as I'm not very flexible). So by the time I got home at 11:45 I was ready to collapse. But I eventually found enough energy to go to the shops and spend some money!!

On Saturday night we went to The Famous. This is becoming a regular haunt for us, despite being stupidly expensive. Ken who plays the piano knows us and plays my requests (usually Joe Jackson) and Craig the bar man knows my tipple (Penfold Shiraz - which is OK but is also the cheapest wine on the list!!!). We rarely eat there as the portions are ginormous. If we do we either share an entree or just get appetizers, which is what we did on Saturday.

We also saw Drill n Fill, a hasher friend who we hadn't seen for a while. He is recovering from his split with Clit Eatswood, after 6 years together. He seemed in pretty good spirits and we had a few drinks together.

Altogether an very enjoyable evening.

3 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Hey where are you guys staying during the fat tire festival? I want to go to that but it will most likely be by myself, unless I find someone to go with me. It would be nice to know at least one person down there….

Catwoman said...

Good timing. We were discussing this only yesterday. I think we are going to stay at the Comfort Inn in Fruita. It's $60 a night with military discount. Our friend Ramone (Testiclees) is also coming. I think we are going Thursday night and Ramone is coming up Friday. I just booked my vacation days from work!!

It would be nice for me to have someone to ride with as I can't always keep up with guys (particularly Ramone as he is crazy). The three of us went to Moab last year and had a great time. We camped and it was 95f, which is too darn hot for camping!

Outdoorgirl said...

I will ride with ya. I am going to camp out in my truck with the dog and shower at a gym :) Cheap!