Friday, April 20, 2007

Back from Philly

Had a great time in Philly. The weather sucked but it didn't stop us from partying hard. A few bars I remember - Independence Brew Pub, Monks, McKillans, Jons, some Irish bar and others. We went to a couple of receptions hosted by consultants where the booze & snacks were free. Most nights we got to bed at 1:30-2:30am and missed the morning sessions at the conference. I went on a mobile tour to Atlantic City and won $50 in the 5 minutes we had to go play. Did lots of sight seeing and ate a Philly Chicken Cheese Steak. Philly reminds me of Leeds where I used to live and work, especially with all the rain! And yes, I did the run up the "Rocky" steps. There really aren't that many steps and it's not steep. I'd like to have seen Rocky run up the steps to the Sacre Coeur in Paris!

A few photos below. As you can see Brownie managed to make his mark in Philly.





2 comments:

brownie said...

I used to live in Old City! I don't think Brownie's was there back then, but I hadn't started hashing yet so I wouldn't have looked for it. Been to all those other bars though (and it's McGillin's, FYI).

Yeah, the steps aren't actually that tough, good camera work during the movies. But drink for even suggesting that Rocky Balboa would have trouble defeating anything from France!

How'd you like the Yuengling?

Catwoman said...

Drank lots of it as it was one of the free beers at the recption and it was yum. They even had tastycakes at the reception!!