Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On my way to DC


It's official, we move to DC in the summer. DH has his orders and starts his new posting on August 15. We are going to Go to UK /Europe for July and then head out to DC when we return.

So we will be leaving the Springs at the end of June; not decided on the exact date yet. I told my boss yesterday to give them plenty of notice as I have a HUGE workload right now.

I have mixed feelings. I will miss the beauty of Colorado and the friends I have made but I am really excited about getting back to a more cosmopolitan environment and finding a kick-ass job.


5 comments:

brownie said...

You better climb Pikes before you leave, Catwanker!

Outdoorgirl said...

Since I travel there once a year, we will have to hit the town!!! Have fun in Fruita this weekend.

Faithful Soles said...

I'm in Housotn, but one of my favorite places to run in the world is the Mall in DC. You may already know, but from the capital steps to the Lincoln Memorial and back is about a 5 mile loop and it is very exhilerating to run up the steps and back down each time around. Another great place to run is the Tow Path near Baltimore. I ran a 10 mile race on it and it was like you were out in the middle of nowhere.

If you get a chance, please visit my running web site, Faithful Soles. I have a categorized and searchable Running Blog Database on there and would appreciate it if you would link your blog to it. Good luck on your move to DC!

LadyDoesSuck (and swallow) said...

We will miss you woman. Hope we get to see you before you leave but if not it has been nice knowing you.

LML might get to go to DC with his job again. We will let you know.

Catwoman said...

Faithful Soles - thanks for the running tips. I will check out your websute.

LDS - I will be at the DIM tonight and Jack Quinns tomorrow. I will miss you all too.