Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Philadelphia here I come...

I am going to Philly on Saturday for the American Planning Association National Conference, returning Wednesday next week. The weather forecast is shitty, but that doesn't matter too much as I intend to spend most of my time either in the conference or in a bar. Talking of which, can anyone recommend any good bars in downtown Philly. We are staying at The Sheraton and we are going for Happy Hour with the Colorado contingent at The Independence Pub on Saturday night. Fortunately I am going with my friend Mike, who is about the only other person in our Department who can drink like a fish. Also, I am taking my running gear, so some suggested safe running routes would be welcome.

10 comments:

Late Nite Drive Thru said...

just head to South Street all the bars are concentrated there - or contact the local hash

Sloppy Ho is an ex-DCer and the RA of the Ben Franklin Mob or Scooby Snatch is the GM of the Philly Full Moon hash

Tiffany said...

Cube Libre... yum yum yummmm mojitos!!!!

Catwoman said...

Thanks.

If we ever get there - we are flying via Chicago!

brownie said...

McGlinchy's pub (sp?). It's in an alley near your hotel, so just ask the bellhop for directions.

For a run, go through the tunnel that cuts through city hall, continue down Franklin Ave to the Art Museum, and run up the steps a la Rocky Balboa. Yes, it's cheesey, but every true runner has done that at least once.

brownie said...

Pontiac Grille on South Street usually has good music.

And go to Pat's, best cheesesteaks on the planet! Anyone who says it's Jim's or Geno's is a homo.

Catwoman said...

Thanks for the tips Brownie.

Catwoman said...

And I'll be sure to think of you when I'm drinking endless pints of Yeungling!!

brownie said...

Well, I'm sure you're gonna bring a few bottles/cans back for me!

Tiffany said...

I second the Philly Museum of Art Rocky Run... my coworker and I run that every morning we are there- believe us when we say others will do the same thing! Ha ha...

I am gonna need Brownie to hook me up with some Philly runs when I go there in 2 weeks! :)

Outdoorgirl said...

Catewomen you need to pick up your happy coat. .....