Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend activities

Friday night was the PMS hash with the ladies. It was great fun and thanks for everyone who showed up to wish me bon voyage. We met up with the guys later on at the Thirsty Parrot. DH was very drunk so we headed home at about 11.

Then up bright and early on Saturday to do the Sailin' Shoes 10k at 7am downtown. DH wanted to bail as he felt terrible. I reminded him that it was his idea to do the 10k (I was going to opt for the 5k) and he who had suggested to me that I should pace myself with the drinking on Friday night!! Anyway we crawled out of bed and made it to the race. The irony is that when we started running DH felt fine and I started to feel terrible. Thankfully he ran with me and pushed me all the way otherwise I think I may have quit. A mini sprint at the end to beat a girl I knew and a time of 56:45 ish. 2 and a half minutes slower than last year but no bad with the hangover from hell. My quads were killing me afterwards. As that doesn't usually happen with a 10k I assume they are still shot from last weeks 10 miler in GoG. Anyway, that is my last race now for several months until the Army 10 miler in October. Yippee!!

Saturday was spent recovering and sleeping. I didn't even have the energy for the hash or going to The Famous on Saturday night. Sunday we cleared out the basement. Fun!

6 comments:

brownie said...

Damn, for a second there I thought you ran 56+ for a 5K!

Catwoman said...

Sheesh! I would really hang up my running shoes if I ran that slow! I think I could walk faster.

Outdoorgirl said...

Sorry I missed out on your going away :( When are you actually leaving? I have a ticket to Indigo Girls for WED night if you want to go, its 50 bucks. Interested? Its in Boulder with Alison and Alex

Outdoorgirl said...

Your web browser at work must filter out youtube. Check it out at home :)

Catwoman said...

Thanks for the ticket offer but Boulder is too far for me mid-week.
This is what happens when you get to 40!!

brownie said...

This blog sucks!