Monday, June 11, 2007

The post-race analysis

Oooooouuuucccchhh!

My time was 1:44:53. I'm disappointed on one-hand that my time was not as fast as I would have liked but on the other hand I am just pleased I finished. The first 5 miles went well, then next 2 were OK and then I died over the last 3. I was walking all of the hills after that. I really haven't done any hill training, not even the incline or any mountain hikes, and that took its toll on my legs. I know it was a poor performance because there were people I have been beating easily all year that ran 4-5mins faster than me!!

DH did a great run, finishing in 1:30:35.

At least I know I will be able to do the Army 10 miler in October without too much trouble!! Roll on Washinton DC - no more hills!!!

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

That is a good time!!! You will do great on a half marathon :) Congragulations!!