Thursday, June 7, 2007

The pre-race analysis

I have just registered for the Garden of the Gods 10 mile run on Sunday.

I am dreading it for a number of reasons:

1. I have never run that far before.
2. I hate hills.
3. I thought it was on Saturday but it's on Sunday, so I have to re-psych myself.
4. It starts at 7am; I am NOT a morning person especially where running is concerned.
5. Did I mention, I HATE hills.

It is certainly going to be a challenge for me. I ran 9 minute miles for the 5 mile race and while I would like to maintain that pace over the 10 mile course I think that may be optimistic. I definitely want to finish under 1:40 and provided I don't get any unexpected injuries, that should be possible.

On the upside I now have a very cool long sleeve tech shirt to add to my collection. This one I will keep and not ship off to ARC as I do with all my other race shirts.

Wish me luck!

No comments: