Monday, May 5, 2008

Weekend antics

Took a day off on Friday and did the sites in DC including a couple of museums then down to Georgetown for some beers by the river. It was a beautiful 80f day.

Saturday I actually went on my first hash with Mount Vernon H3. It was fun to be hashing again and they are a friendly group. But it starts at 10am, which is a bit early for me to be drinking! One slight incident - I was checking trail when I tripped over a log and came down hard on my knee. I could hardly walk for a while then gradually I managed to start running again. Fortunately the trail was well marked as I was right at the back by this point. Afterwards it hurt like hell and was cut up and very swollen. No serious damage I hope.

On Sunday we went on to our new biking clubs annual picnic. Fortunately when I woke up my knee felt OK. Did a 43 mile ride in 2 hrs 40 mins, which is my longest ride for a while and at a pretty decent pace as well. The weather was great and the food was yummy.

This morning my knee was hurting again but I still biked to work. Hopefully I'll be OK for the speed work tomorrow night.

No comments: