Friday, May 23, 2008

Speed work No 3

Made it to the speed work-out this week. Work is seriously interfering with my training. I'm just pleased I am able to bike to work.

The club usually work out on a school track but due to make-up soccer games have been going to a local park which has a 800m plus undulating loop, with a bitch of a hill at the end. We spilt into two groups. I usually drop to the slow group after lap 2/3 as I am at the back of the fast group and don't get as much recovery time. There are some serious runners in the group - one gal just broke the US 10k record for over 45s and came 2nd in a marine corps half marathon!!

lap 1: 3:45
lap 2: 3:58
lap 3: 3:48
lap 4: 3:53
lap 5: 4:05 (intentionally eased off as i was getting tired!)
lap 6: 3:55

I was very happy with these times as they were considerably faster then last time. Just need to get a more consistent pace. Now I'm waiting for the hot weather to slow me down!

Had fun time at the beach last weekend. Hiking and century bike ride this weekend. Fun!

1 comment:

Outdoorgirl said...

Keep kicking ass!! Good to see you back on blogger...