Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Running shoe recommendation.

While I have previously extolled the virtues of my Nike Air Max 360's (see below), on Friday I bought a new pair of running shoes. I went up to Colorado Running Cub with the intention of replacing my 360's but with half a size bigger as they are a bit tight and make my feet go numb when I run (not good). When I got there I noticed they had the Nike Triax 10 which I had read about in Runners World. These are designed especially for women, narrower in the heel, wider in the front and with a special 'roll' on the heel to account for the fact that women's hips are generally wider then men's. Hopefully this will cure my knee problems! Also the extra width is more comfortable. While the 360s have excellent cushioning they are very narrow (and I don't have particularly wide feet). Other benefits of the Triax 10 is the extra stability, which is good for someone prone to sprained ankles, and the better then average grip for a road running shoe, which means they can double as trail shoes as well (no point buying new trail running shoes now that I am moving to DC!). They are also light weight and very breathable and only $90, compared to the $160 price tag of the 360's!

I ran on Sunday and Monday in my new shoes and they didn't hurt one bit, which is very unusual, as new shoes usually take a while to break in and I will get a bit of foot cramp initially.

Anyway, if your interested, check out the Nike Triax 10 running shoes here. (I just noticed that they also come in narrow and wide fitting).

4 comments:

brownie said...

This blog sucks!

Catwoman said...

Brownie, you are so predictable!

brownie said...

This blog rocks!

See, you never know what I'm gonna say...

Gaslight ;-) said...

How high are the arches? Are they as heavy as they look?