Wednesday, May 23, 2007

In response to Brownies derogatory comment about "soccer", I would like to respond as follows:

Football, to give it its correct name, is by far the most superior sport for a number of reasons:
1. The players do not have to wear ridiculous skin tight knickers or knee length shorts - you actually get to see their sexy legs.
2. They do not wear helmets or shoulder pads as they are not gay or stuck in the 80s.
3. They are physically fit and can actually play for a 45 minute period without having to take a break. And they play for another 45 mins. And sometimes extra time.
4. The clock doesn't stop every time play stops so you know exactly how long the game will last and you don't get any annoying tactical plays in the last 30 seconds of the game.
5. Its name of football is justly deserved as 95% of contact with the ball is with the foot. IT IS NOT CALLED SOCCER.
6. The football assoication was founded in 1863 in England. Was America even a country then? Anywho, I think we own the term.
7. The Football World cup is actually a competition between different countries all around the world. Now isn't that a novel concept. Where the heck did baseball get off with calling their stupid competiton the World Series?
8. Finally it is by far the most popular sport in the whole wide world.

Nuf said.

4 comments:

Outdoorgirl said...

Rugby is by far the most demanding sport.....according to your statement. Its tougher then Foose ball

brownie said...

Tell us how soccer is the fastest growing sport in America! I've been hearing that ever since I was born, but the sport still hasn't gotten anything but geeks to play it here.

Catwoman said...

NHW, I agree that rugby is the more demanding, I was referring more to wussy American sports.

Wanker, I don't think I said it was the fastest growing sport in the US (although I wouldn't be suprised if it is) I said it was the most popluar sport worldwide.

Kirk said...

Ole Ole Ole!!!!!