Tuesday, December 2, 2008

update smupdate

I just had a great 2 week vacation in the UK. It was my Mum's 80th birthday, so two of my sisters were back home for the celebrations as well. It was a quiet family affair - my Mum didn't want much fuss, especially as my step-dad died in June and was sorely missed. Had a very relaxing time and caught up with a couple of old friends and work colleagues. Went out with my good buddy Gemma and the only time we could get together was 5pm on Saturday afternoon - not our usual time for going out and partying. Anywho, turns out that we missed a trick in the old days as the pub was packed with men either fresh from playing football (soccer)and/or watching the footy on the TV! Very entertaining!!

Got back in time for Thanksgiving. Did a 5 mile Turkey Trot which was very painful as I only ran a few times in the UK and was a little hungover from going out with friends (from CS) the night before. Managed a 43:26 which, given the fact I genuinely thought I was going to barf at about mile 3, was not such a bad performance.

Hashed with Mount Vernon on Saturday. Starting to get back into it. Boobs is haring a White House hash in Alexandria in a couple of weeks so we will probably go to that also.

No comments: