Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Lazik?

I am currently debating whether or not to have lazik eye surgery. I've been thinking about it since I was in Colorado Springs and even went for a consultation. The cost I was quoted was $900 per eye. I got a bad eye infection from my contacts in the summer which has made me rethink this option. Also I can get a flex spending account at work which means I can pay in pre-tax dollars. The deadline for signing up is Dec 17, so I have to decide soon. I went for a consultation with one guy last week. He said I would be a good candidate and the cost would be $5,000! The reason it is way more expensive then my original quote in CS is that it is a more advanced, bladeless, surgery and much safer. It seems all the eye surgeons around here use this method. On the radio at the weekend I heard another surgeon offering a $2,000 discount for the first 500 callers. So I called and I have a further consultation with them on Thursday. I guess I'll have to decide what to do over the weekend. I think I'll probably go for it. I have only heard good experiences of lazik. If anyone out there has heard of any bad experiences please let me know!!

No comments: